Article by Tom Ngo
According to MMAWeekly, an undisclosed injury has forced Chad Griggs out of his August 4th shootout with Phil Davis (Pictured). As we all know full well, the Octagon show waits for no man, as unbeaten Wagner Prado has agreed to make his big league debut against “Mr. Wonderful.”
After posting an unblemished record through his first nine professional fights, Davis looks to bounce back from a lopsided unanimous decision defeat to Rashad Evans. The 27-year-old was rebounding from a knee injury that kept him on the pine for eight months prior to January’s outing.
Prado is prefect through his first seven pro bouts, with five of his wins coming within the opening round. Six of the light heavyweight’s victories were notched via some form of knockout.
The organization is still looking to secure a venue to host “‘UFC on FOX 4,” but the show will take place somewhere in Los Angeles, California. Staples Center is the front runner to land the gig.
FOX will broadcast the main card live beginning at 8PM ET/5PM PT.
Here is the show’s updated roster:
Josh Grispi vs. Pablo Garza
Nam Phan vs. Cole Miller
Michihiro Omigawa vs. Manny Gamburyan
Oli Thompson vs. Phil De Fries
Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson
Matt Mitrione vs. Rob Broughton
Joe Lauzon vs. Terry Etim
Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell
Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader
Brian Stann vs. Hector Lombard
- Work Ethic Key To Success As ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Preps For Prado
- Phil ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Davis Stars In Latest Sprite Commercial *VIDEO*
- The Gracie Brothers Breakdown “The Mr. Wonderful”: UFC Ultimate Insider
- Chad Griggs Drops Down, Will Face Phil “Mr. Wonderful” Davis at UFC on FOX 4
- Phil “Mr. Wonderful” Davis on Loss to Rashad Evans: ‘I’m Glad He Poked Holes in My Game’