Discover the secrets of one of the world’s most proven and effective ground-fighting and self-defense martial arts: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Chula Vista.
Have you been thinking about learning Jiu Jitsu? Chula Vista’s Alliance Training Center is on the forefront of the martial arts scene. It doesn’t matter what age you are, whether you’re big and looking to lose some weight, small and looking to build strength, male or female, interested in competing or not, in shape or out of shape; all are welcome to enjoy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
In fact, there are many Jiu Jitsu students in Chula Vista discovering its benefits right in the Alliance Training Center. If you haven’t yet checked it out for yourself, you’re missing out on one of the most exciting forms of martial arts! If you’re interested in improving your Jiu Jitsu, there are countless ways that you can do so, including:
– Sparring. It’s impossible to improve without spending time on the mat sparring. Sparring can fortify your training and work your muscles in a very specific way that you jut can’t replicate with exercises.
– Work on your Burpees until you can knock out 50 or 100 of them. Be sure you’re performing the jump at the top of your Burpees, to build explosive power in your legs. A Burpee is really just another name for the squat thrust. They are a very effective tool in strengthening of your legs.
– Practice Hindu push-ups. Keep your core tight as you move through the motions of the exercise. This is another great one for the hips.
– Practice chin-ups and pull-ups to strengthen your grip. These movements will also engage your abs. Practicing jiu Jitsu in Chula Vista’s Alliance Gym will improve these grip-strengthening exercises greatly.
– There are a number of exercises that are great for forcing your body to explode, including box jumps, clapping push-ups, Kettleball swings, clean and jerk, deadlifts and jump lunges.
– Sprints are one of the best methods for building your lungs into powerful cardio pipes. A sprint should take between 15 and 60 seconds. Do what you can, and build on it. The longer you sprint, the more recovery time you need. Sprint cardio is better for your body than all the jogging you could muster up- and you only need 10 – 20 minutes to get a lot of quality sprinting.
– Keep an eye on your muscle. Stay away from lifting weights as much as possible. They build the kind of muscle that isn’t always transferable to the mats. Big, bulky muscles require a lot of oxygen and fill with lactic acid in short order.
You can try out 30 days of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Chula Vista for free when you sign up with Alliance Training Center. Simply go online to alliancegym.com and fill in your name, email and phone number to get started, or call the gym at 619-425-0888. See for yourself what everyone else is talking about, and take the first step toward building a body that’s fit to fight.