Article by Fightline
Brandon Vera has been inside the Octagon with several big-time fighters, including Randy Couture. On August 4, Vera will face Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in the main event of UFC on Fox 4.
Rua turned down a fight with Glover Teixeira to face Vera, citing “The Truth” as a more viable name to face in his quest to get back in the title hunt at 205.
As far as Vera is concerned, it doesn’t really matter why Rua selected him over Teixeira; he plans on winning his ninth UFC fight regardless next month.
“I don’t give a damn what his reasons are or what happened or how this came about,” said Vera, during a recent interview on MMAjunkie.com Radio. “Everybody keeps reminding me that I’m fighting on FOX in the main event for five rounds. I don’t even care about that. I’m fighting ‘Shogun,’ bro. I’ve wanted to fight ‘Shogun’ since I first saw him kicking people in the face (in Pride).”
Vera was expected to meet James Te Huna this month, but was pulled from that bout and placed into this one vs. Vera. He sports a career record of 12-5, including an 8-5 mark in the UFC.
- Brandon Vera, Dominick Cruz & Phil Davis Deliver Lifetime Membership Award
- Phil Davis and Brandon Vera cruise the desert in Affliction’s Trophy Truck
- Eric Del Fierro – The Man Behind Some of The UFC’s Top Fighters
- San Diego A Hot Spot For Top MMA Action *VIDEO*
- Behind The Scenes Of UFC on FOX 4 With Alliance MMA *VIDEO*