Reporting for Fist-ta-Cuff Radio and ProMMAnow.com, Isaac Guzman was at the recent Grand Opening of Alliance Training Center East in El Cajon, Calif., and caught up with UFC light heavyweight Brandon “The Truth” Vera.
Vera discusses the recent partnership between the UFC and FOX Sports and the impact it will have on the sport and the fighters. Vera’s next bout will be on Oct. 29 at UFC 137 against Eliot Marshall. Headlining the card is a welterweight title bout between Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz.
Vera shares his thoughts on the main event and feels if anyone can test GSP it is going to be Diaz. “GSP doesn’t like to get hit at all,” says Vera, and if he takes Diaz to the ground he questions what the champ will be able to do because Diaz is so good on the ground. He says if Diaz is the underdog, he will put money on him.
Vera also describes his own straightforward game plan against Marshall. “The Truth” says the plan is always to “Whip his ass.” Vera says his wife Kerry should be back in action at the beginning of next year, and he talks about Team Lloyd Irvin’s Mike “The Hulk” Easton making his UFC debut on the same card as his teammate Dominick Cruz.
- *VIDEO* Alliance Training Center’s Nick Piedmont talks upcoming fight at BAMMA USA: Badbeat 7
- KIDS Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Promotions at Alliance Training Center in San Diego *VIDEO*
- Alliance Training Center: The Big Secret of San Diego’s MMA Scene
- Alliance Training Center – MMA Gym in San Diego – Sign Up Now For Your 30 DAY FREE TRIAL!
- UFC Fighter Brandon Vera Holding Mitts For UFC Fighter Ross Pearson At Alliance Training Center in San Diego